Professional Dog Trainer
Full Time Positions Available
Crossbones Dog Academy is a dog training & daycare facility with a unique Day School program that combines daycare and training for dogs and puppies. Our other services include group dog training classes, private dog training lessons, seminars, and other events. We have expanded to a larger location and are eager to add new trainers to our team!
At this time, we are looking for full-time trainers and behavior consultants who can teach in-home private lessons (you choose shifts) and/or group classes & private lessons at our facility. Interested candidates must be available for a minimum of either 2 weeknights per week, or one weeknight and one 6+ hour weekend shift.
This person would learn to teach our Flex Classes (with our curriculum). Other time slots could be used for private lessons, more classes taught with our curriculum, or the instructor’s own group training classes. We would love to hire a trainer with a passion for dog sports or a particular training activity such as therapy dog work.
The person hired for this position would also have the following opportunities available if she/he was interested and qualified:
- Private training lessons at clients' homes or at our Academy (variable hours/days per week)
- Behavior consulting cases (variable hours/days per week)
- Puppy Day School training shifts (Monday through Friday shifts of working one-on-one with puppies)
- Board & train manners/behavior cases (variable hours/days per week)
Candidates must have at least ONE of the following:
- KPA CTP certification
- CATCH CCDT certification
- CPDT-KA certification, or higher
- 2+ years experience teaching group training classes (employer & client references required)
The ideal candidate for this position would have...
- Certification from a well-recognized positive dog training program (KPA, Peaceable Paws, Jean Donaldson's Academy, etc.) and/or a CCPDT-issued certification
- 2+ years experience teaching group training classes
- 1+ year experience teaching private training lessons
- 1+ year experience working with behavior cases (aggression, separation anxiety, fear, etc.)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Experience closing sales of dog training programs
- A commitment to continuing education
- A strong desire to be part of a team committed to personal and professional excellence. We strive to be great dog trainers, great dog owners, and great people!
The business owner is a Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner, and all training that takes place at our business follows the KPA code of conduct. Candidates must be committed to following this code and operate under a LIMA (least invasive, minimally aversive) framework with clients and dogs at all times.
Pay is hourly + commission, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Full-time employees are eligible for health & dental insurance, a continuing education stipend, tuition assistance for Karen Pryor Academy, and (starting in 2021) retirement contributions. Crossbones Dog Academy prides itself on providing a living wage to all employees. We are very interested in hiring committed full-time trainers.
Resumes & an introductory e-mail should be addressed to Katherine at email@example.com.
Crossbones Dog Academy
189 Swan St.
Providence, RI 02905